8th December 2018 J3
The Joomla plugin Element Button (elembtn for short) provides a quick and easy way of inserting elements into an article without having to remember the detailed syntax.
Once enabled a new button appears in the TinyMCE editor.
When you press the button a popup window allows you to set the following options:
- type of element (html
< />or curly
- the tag name - 'span', 'div' or other (default for other set in plugin parameters)
- an id for the tag
- any classes, styles or other parameters to be set - four frequently used class names set in parameters and selected by checkboxes
- content to appear between the open and closing tags
Pressing the Insert button in the popup places the tag (opening and closing) at the current cursor position in the editor window.
If text in the article is highlighted then the open and closing tags will be wrapped around the highlighted text. This provides a quick and easy way for setting a span or div around a block of text. This feature only works with recent versions of Joomla and the tinyMCE editor.
- Currently (v22.214.171.124) the only language shipped is en-GB. I will not be producing other languages myself, but if you send me a language file for your language I will add it to the package.
Improvements and bug fixes
- DONE v1.1 - Allow parameters to set frequently used class and element names
- DONE v1.1 - Allow easy language translation of popup text
Possible New features
- check whether id value has already been used in article
- add option to change Frequently Used Tags as per Frequently Used Classes (currently hard coded to <span> and <div> only)
v126.96.36.199 11th Dec 2018 Got rid of redundant call to php file for modal window.
Uses single html popup generated from template
with correct language and parameter settings
Uses bootstrap modal window instead of iframe
v188.8.131.52 10th Dec 2018
Language & Parameters working
v184.108.40.206 8th Dec 2018